Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Here we go

So I guess I'm going to give this the floor and see if it plays. I've had a few friends that have started blogging and seem to enjoy it. I lack a little bit of the creative writing that they do but nonetheless, we'll see how it goes. I decided to start on this yesterday and was debating on how to start. Since no clever idea like rating the different public restrooms I come across came to mind, I figured I'd start simple, with a countdown.


These are the top 5 stop everything movies according to me. In case this is a new term to you, I'll explain what this means. These are not my favorite movies, they are the ones that when I see them on tv, I can't help but sit down and watch. This happens if I catch the movie at the beginning, or halfway through, or at any other part.


5. Stripes (the first half)


This movie definitely could have been higher on the list if it wasn't awful after the get into the rv. John Candy's character is probably my favorite. I can relate to Bill Murray's physical condition at the beginning of the movie (unforutnately).





4. Groundhog Day









I'm a pretty big fan of most things that Bill Murray does. This is the work of his that I'm most likely to watch any time I see it. Murray does about the same character in every movie he plays. I guess it's good for me that I happen to like that character. Learning how to play the piano, throw cards into a hat, and the other little things he figures out during the course of this movie also seem pretty useful.



3. Coming To America


I first started watching this classic when I was in high school. I mean, it's no Norbit, but it's still pretty good. Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall play almost every in this movie. They do it pretty well too.






2. Oh Brother Where Art Thou?


The 2000 movie based on The Odyssey is one that always brightens my day. I've never read the book, but lets be honest, this movie is about as close as I'll ever get to reading it.






1. The Truman Show






The Truman Show is the movie that above all others I leave on tv when I come across it. A little known fact is that I've actually been to the place in Florida where this was filmed. I kept looking for the woman on the red bike, the man with flowers, and the dented Beatle. I guess they had moved on though. Another thing about this movie is that it had made me paranoid. There was a time when I was sure that my life was actually like the Truman Show. The producers were just letting me see this movie to see what my reaction to my situation would be.


















2 comments:

  1. Stripes was on the other day. They were just getting into the RV so I didn't watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha LOVE it. Where was Beauty and Beast on this list?? or the Jungle Book?? come on now...

    ReplyDelete